Contribution to the Development of the Urban Management Model
AbstractThe purpose of the paper is to demonstrate the importance of management in lo¬cal self government units within the existing circumstances in the Republic of Croa¬tia. In addition, the purpose of the paper is to establish how the local self government officials understand and accept the role of professional management in today's con¬dition of business environment and the ever-growing citizens' needs. The aim of the paper is to raise the awareness of responsible individuals in the local self-government, first and foremost those with the highest responsibility, namely the elected local self-government power holders, of the need to understand and accept the ever-growing importance of management nowadays. Furthermore, to prompt them to use the available budget resources of a self government unit as ad¬equately as possible through proper management in order to achieve as many goals set for a certain period of time as possible. Following the analysis and assessment of management in the local self-govern¬ment of the town of Vinkovci, proposals have been offered for the improvement of local-self government management in the town of Vinkovci and local/regional self-government units in general. The paper indicates that, in addition to continuous in¬vestment into information and communication technology, which is substantial every year, there is a need for continuous investment in the training and education of town administration employees. Without employees equipped with adequate knowledge and competence, the tax payers' investment into information and communication technology would become a failed investment both in the short and the long term.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Economics in Osijek, Croatia in its journal Interdisciplinary Management Research.
Volume (Year): 4 (2008)
Issue (Month): (May)
model; urban management; local self-government; town of Vink¬ovci; town of Vukovar;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M1 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration
- H7 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maja Lamza – Maronic & Jerko Glavas & Igor Mavrin, 2009. "Potentials of Osijek as a Centre of Cultural Tourism," Interdisciplinary Management Research, Faculty of Economics in Osijek, Croatia, vol. 5, pages 711-720.
- Maja Lamza-Maronic & Jerko Glavas & Igor Mavrin, 2010. "Cultural Management In The Republic Of Croatia - Possibilities Of Development," Interdisciplinary Management Research, Faculty of Economics in Osijek, Croatia, vol. 6, pages 133-142.
- Ivana Barkovic, 2009. "From Employment to Employability: the Role of Active Labor Market Policies in Croatia," Interdisciplinary Management Research, Faculty of Economics in Osijek, Croatia, vol. 5, pages 399-413.
- Branko Matic & Hrvoje Serdarusic, 2009. "Financing Regional Development Through Development Banks," Interdisciplinary Management Research, Faculty of Economics in Osijek, Croatia, vol. 5, pages 749-759.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Branko Matic, PhD).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.