Empirical Study Regarding Sustainability Of Romanian Pension System
AbstractThis paper is part of a broad, applied scientific research, based on popular empirical procedures (such as natural observation). Positivistic and constructive research methodology used was based on the consensual-inductive system (Locke), which is why we studied the different views of specialists on sustainability of pensions in Romania, necessary to formulate the problem of generating relevant information. Research strategies used were the comparative and longitudinal ones, as we analyzed the time evolution of qualitative indicators VUAN (unitary value of net asset) specific to pension funds Pillar II and Pillar III of Romania, concomitant with the number of participants in these funds, as to determine their direct relationship with the need for sustainability in this area. The hypotheses regarding causal relationship efficiency â€" participants - sustainability and needed measures for pension reform were built in this paper inductively (by analyzing the sustainability issues of pensions in time), causally (by explaining the cause and effect phenomenon studied), deductively, logically and subjectively (due to the existence and perpetuation of conflict premise between generations and social inequality between employees and pensioners). The qualitative approach of the phenomenon studied by collecting information (using mediated data collection technique) has allowed the relevant findings and practical solutions necessary for all those involved in this concerted action of pensions, which affects us all.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics in its journal The Journal of the Faculty of Economics - Economic.
Volume (Year): 1 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Universitatii str. 1, Office F209, 410087 Oradea, Bihor
Fax: 004 0259 408409
Web page: http://anale.steconomiceuoradea.ro/
More information through EDIRC
sustainability; public pensions; private pensions; SWOT (analysis); reform; VUAN (indicator);
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- J32 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Nonwage Labor Costs and Benefits; Retirement Plans; Private Pensions
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- P41 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Planning, Coordination, and Reform
- P47 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Performance and Prospects
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catalin ZMOLE).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.