Needs Of Local Sustainable Development
AbstractIn terms of structure of local authorities, we made an analysis of how the principle of sustainable development applies by highlighting the fact that it differs locally in structure and content from the overall development which shall be addressed at national level. Locally, we have identified disruptions that may adversely affect the implementation of sustainable development policies. It is about the existence of undue restrictions in allocating funds from the state budget. In most cases these restrictions have a political tint. Specifically, we stressed the requirements of sustainable development in Romania, consisting mainly of a responsible financial management and human resources management, towards meeting the needs of local people.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics in its journal The Annals of the University of Oradea. Economic Sciences.
Volume (Year): 1 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Universitatii str. 1, Office F209, 410087 Oradea, Bihor
Fax: 004 0259 408409
Web page: http://anale.steconomiceuoradea.ro/
More information through EDIRC
sustainable local development; local administration; public policy; public services;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q50 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - General
- H76 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Other Expenditure Categories
- H83 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Public Administration
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Singhal, Monica, 2008.
"Special interest groups and the allocation of public funds,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(3-4), pages 548-564, April.
- Singhal, Monica, 2006. "Special Interest Groups and the Allocation of Public Funds," Working Paper Series rwp06-004, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Monica Singhal, 2006. "Special Interest Groups and the Allocation of Public Funds," NBER Working Papers 12037, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roel M.W.J.Beetsma & Frederick van der Ploeg, 2007.
"The political economy of public investment,"
European Economy - Economic Papers
276, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catalin ZMOLE).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.