Intellectual Capital Reporting And Disclosure In The Annual Reports Of Romanian Manufacturing Listed Companies Â€" Methodology And Discussion Of Results
AbstractIn our study we have proposed to measure the extent of intellectual capital disclosure using annual reports as the source of our documentation. The empirical analysis is twofold: firstly we are interested in analyzing the value of intellectual capital using a value-based approach, through the evolution of market to book value ratio over the selected period and secondly we carry out a content-based analysis of the complete annual reports of the selected companies over the five year period and calculate an intellectual capital disclosure index. Looking at the figures we can conclude that only 50% of Romanian manufacturing companies hold intellectual capital assets for the period analysed and also they are mostly disclose information that refers to relational capital. The intellectual capital voluntary disclosure index for the 2005-2009 years for the sampled companies is on average almost 19%, considered very low.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics in its journal The Annals of the University of Oradea. Economic Sciences.
Volume (Year): 1 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Universitatii str. 1, Office F209, 410087 Oradea, Bihor
Fax: 004 0259 408409
Web page: http://anale.steconomiceuoradea.ro/
More information through EDIRC
knowledge; intellectual capital reporting; annual reports; listed companies; disclosure;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search, Learning, and Information
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bernard Raffournier, 1995. "The determinants of voluntary financial disclosure by Swiss listed companies," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 261-280.
- B. M. Craven & C. L. Marston, 1999. "Financial reporting on the Internet by leading UK companies," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 321-333.
- Ester Oliveras & Yulia Kasperskaya, 2004. "Reporting intellectual capital in Spain," Economics Working Papers 781, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catalin ZMOLE).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.