The Quality Of The Tourism Services Under The Sign Of Sustainability
AbstractThe intensive development of tourism represents a unique challenge in history. That is why we have to be prepared that in the 21st century we should cope with the \\\"avalanche\\\" represented by the quality of life, especially related to the food quantity and quality needs and the greater need of people to recover rapidly and pleasantly through holidays and tourist travels. A first step in this sense, which we assume, is the superior educational effort to train real professionals with certain competences for solving the complexity of these realities that we live. The society becomes more and more aware of all these realities. The activity of the international organisations shows that their efforts for the development of food and tourism are more and more appreciated by the population. Urgent actions based on the mature thinking and quality scientific interpretations are necessary, in order to stop, on the one hand, the food decline in certain areas of the world, and on the other part, for the proportional and harmonious development of food and tourism on more expanded areas, and to reconcile man with nature, to focus on agriculture and on the ecological and biologic food and eco-tourism, to leave future generations an environment at least as favourable as the one we inherited. All these wishes mean important changes in the economy and of everyday life, request large investments and sacrifices, a new mentality. It is not easy to fulfil these tasks, but we must think about what would happen if we did not solve these problems. In a short while we would block the normal evolution of the contemporary human society.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics in its journal The Journal of the Faculty of Economics - Economic.
Volume (Year): 1 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Universitatii str. 1, Office F209, 410087 Oradea, Bihor
Fax: 004 0259 408409
Web page: http://anale.steconomiceuoradea.ro/
More information through EDIRC
tourism services; quality; sustainable;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M50 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Personnel Economics - - - General
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mazilu Mirela & Marinescu Roxana Cristina, 2009. "The Competitiveness Of The Romanian Tourism – A Ghost Or Sustainable Reality?," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 4(1), pages 367-372, May.
- Marinescu Roxana Cristina & Ispas Roxana, 2012. "Achieving Sustainable Tourism Through Customer Satisfaction," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(2), pages 349-354, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catalin ZMOLE).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.