Study Of Correlation Between Average Interest Rate And Non-Performing Loans In The Romanian Banking System During 2006- February 2010
AbstractThis paper aims to examine the correlation between average interest rate and non-performing loans in the Romanian banking system during 2006-February 2010. We based our approach on the Pearson correlation coefficient and we realized an empirical study, which demonstrates how these relevant banking elements are connected. Also, the result of this research suggests that there are other indirect channels which affect the non-performing loans.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics in its journal The Journal of the Faculty of Economics - Economic.
Volume (Year): 1 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Universitatii str. 1, Office F209, 410087 Oradea, Bihor
Fax: 004 0259 408409
Web page: http://anale.steconomiceuoradea.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Pearson correlation coeficient; Non-performing loans; Average interest rate; Credit-risk provisions;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Maximilian Hall, 2000. "What is the Truth About the Scale of Japanese Banks' Bad Debts? Is the Situation Manageable?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 69-91, February.
- Arindam Bandyopadhyay & Tasneem Chherawala & Asish Saha, 2007. "Calibrating asset correlation for Indian corporate exposures: Implications for regulatory capital," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(4), pages 330-348, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catalin ZMOLE).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.