International Production Relocation and Exports of Services
AbstractThis paper explores the relationship between the relocation of international production and exports of services from the United States using a number of different panel data estimators for six different categories of services. A conventional export demand relationship is augmented by three different measures of the extent of international production relocation by US-based parent companies in service and non-service industries. Our results reveal considerable heterogeneity in the relationship...
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by OECD Publishing in its journal OECD Economic Studies.
Volume (Year): 2004 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Other versions of this item:
- Nigel Pain, 2004. "International Production Relocation and Exports of Services," NIESR Discussion Papers 237, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kamath, Kishore & Paul, Varun, 2011. "Understanding recent developments in UK external trade," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 51(4), pages 294-304.
- Karel Havik & Kieran Mc Morrow, 2006. "Global trade integration and outsourcing : How well is the EU coping with the new challenges?," European Economy - Economic Papers 259, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Desiree Welsum & Xavier Reif, 2007.
"We Can Work It Out - The Globalisation of ICT-enabled Services,"
- Desireé van Welsum & Xavier Reif, 2009. "We Can Work It Out: The Globalization of ICT-Enabled Services," NBER Chapters, in: International Trade in Services and Intangibles in the Era of Globalization, pages 289-325 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Desiree van Welsum & Xavier Reif, 2006. "We Can Work It Out - The Globalisation of ICT-enabled Services," NBER Working Papers 12799, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Desirée Van Welsum, 2004. "In Search of ‘Offshoring’: Evidence from U.S. Imports of Services," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 0402, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Carmen Fillat-Castej—n & Joseph Francois & Julia Woerz, 2008.
"TRADE THROUGH FDI: investing in services,"
IIDE Discussion Papers
20080502, Institue for International and Development Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.