New challenges in the use of governement debt issuance procedures, techniques and policies in OECD markets
AbstractGovernment debt issuance procedures and policies differ across OECD jurisdictions, in particular in terms of technical standards for selling techniques, primary dealer systems and other primary market arrangements. However, the increased integration of global financial markets (including the jump in the integration of European government debt markets since the introduction of the Euro) has been an important catalyst in the standardisation of the structure and types of instruments as well as the convergence of general procedures and policies for the issuance government debt. In many countries, the ongoing credit and economic crises have prompted a review of existing issuance procedures and policies. This article provide (a) a survey of the general characteristics of government debt issuance procedures and related primary dealer (PD) arrangements in the OECD area; and (b) an evaluation of the challenges and changes generated by the impact of the turmoil in global financial markets on issuance procedures and policies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by OECD Publishing in its journal OECD Journal: Financial Market Trends.
Volume (Year): 2009 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Girardi, Alessandro, 2013.
"Fiscal spillovers in the Euro area,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 84.e1-84.e1.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Alessandro Girardi, 2011. "Fiscal Spillovers in the Euro Area," CESifo Working Paper Series 3693, CESifo Group Munich.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Alessandro Girardi, 2011. "Fiscal Spillovers in the Euro Area," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1164, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Andrea Coppola & Alessandro Girardi & Gustavo Piga, 2013.
"Overcrowding Versus Liquidity In The Euro Sovereign Bond Markets,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 307-318, October.
- Andrea Coppola & Alessandro Girardi & Gustavo Piga, 2012. "Overcrowding Versus Liquidity in the Euro Sovereign Bond Markets," CEIS Research Paper, Tor Vergata University, CEIS 222, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 20 Feb 2012.
- Alessandro Girardi & Claudio Impenna, 2013. "Price discovery in the Italian sovereign bonds market: the role of order flow," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers), Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area 906, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.