The Reserve Bank's new foreign exchange intervention policy
AbstractLast year the Reserve Bank concluded a review of its foreign exchange intervention policy. The review resulted in a recommendation to the Government that the Bank be given the capacity to broaden the objectives of foreign exchange intervention towards helping the Governor achieve monetary policy objectives as dictated by the Policy Targets Agreement (PTA). This article describes our new intervention role and the implications for the management of the Bank's foreign reserves.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Reserve Bank of New Zealand in its journal Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin.
Volume (Year): 68 (2005)
Issue (Month): (March)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan Pablo Medina & Anella Munro & Claudio Soto, 2008.
"What Drives the Current Account in Comodity Exporting Countries? The Cases of Chile and New Zealand,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,
in: Kevin Cowan & Sebastián Edwards & Rodrigo O. Valdés & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmid (ed.), Current Account and External Financing, edition 1, volume 12, chapter 10, pages 369-434
Central Bank of Chile.
- Juan Pablo Medina G. & Anella Munro & Claudio Soto G., 2007. "What Drives the Current Account in Commodity-Exporting Countries? The Cases of Chile and New Zealand," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 10(3), pages 67-114, December.
- Juan Pablo Medina & Anella Munro & Claudio Soto, 2007. "What Drives the Current Account in Commodity Exporting Countries? The Cases of Chile and New Zealand," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 447, Central Bank of Chile.
- Juan Pablo Medina & Anella Munro & Claudio Soto, 2008. "What drives the current account in commodity exporting countries? The cases of Chile and New Zealand," BIS Working Papers 247, Bank for International Settlements.
- Juan Pablo Medina & Anella Munro & Claudio Soto, 2007. "What Drives the Current Account in Commodity Exporting Countries? The Cases of Chile and New Zealand," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 446, Central Bank of Chile.
- Anella Munro & Michael Reddell, 2012. "Foreign currency reserves: why we hold them influences how we fund them," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 75, pages 35-45, September.
- Kelly Eckhold, 2010. "The currency denomination of New Zealand’s unhedged foreign reserves," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 73, pages 37-46, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Reserve Bank of New Zealand Knowledge Centre).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.