Evaluating Fuel Tax Equity: Direct and Indirect Distributional Effects
AbstractDiscusses recent proposals by the Clinton Administration that calls for a general tax on all energy products. Along with raising revenue, such a tax has the desirable effects of conservative finite resources, reducing pollution emissions, and reducing dependency on foreign supplies of energy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by National Tax Association in its journal National Tax Journal.
Volume (Year): 46 (1993)
Issue (Month): 2 (June Citation: 46 National Tax Journal 197-205 (June 1993))
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ian Parry & Hilary Sigman & Margaret Walls & Roberton Williams, 2005.
"The Incidence of Pollution Control Policies,"
Departmental Working Papers
200504, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Parry, Ian & Walls, Margaret & Sigman, Hilary & Williams III, Roberton, 2005. "The Incidence of Pollution Control Policies," Discussion Papers dp-05-24, Resources For the Future.
- Ian W.H. Parry & Hilary Sigman & Margaret Walls & Roberton C. Williams III, 2005. "The Incidence of Pollution Control Policies," NBER Working Papers 11438, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Parry, Ian W. H. & Sigman, Hilary & Walls, Margaret & Williams III, Roberton C., 2005. "The Incidence of Pollution Control Policies," Working paper 205, Regulation2point0.
- Cludius, Johanna & Beznoska, Martin & Steiner, Viktor, 2012. "Distributional effects of the European Emissions Trading System and the role of revenue recycling: Empirical evidence from combined industry- and household-level data," Discussion Papers 2012/6, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Araar, Abdelkrim & Dissou, Yazid & Duclos, Jean-Yves, 2011.
"Household incidence of pollution control policies: A robust welfare analysis using general equilibrium effects,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 227-243, March.
- Abdelkrim Araar & Yazid Dissou & Jean-Yves Duclos, 2008. "Household Incidence of Pollution Control Policies: a Robust Welfare Analysis Using General Equilibrium Effects," Cahiers de recherche 0809, CIRPEE.
- Abdelkrim Araar & Yazid Dissou & Jean-Yves Duclos, 2008. "Household Incidence of Pollution Control Policies: A Robust Welfare Analysis Using General Equilibrium Effects," Working Papers 0805E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Timilsina, Govinda R. & Dulal, Hari B., 2008. "Fiscal policy instruments for reducing congestion and atmospheric emissions in the transport sector : a review," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4652, The World Bank.
- Cramton, Peter & Kerr, Suzi, 2002.
"Tradeable carbon permit auctions: How and why to auction not grandfather,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 333-345, March.
- Peter Cramton & Suzi Kerr, 2002. "Tradeable Carbon Permit Auctions: How and Why to Auction Not Grandfather," Papers of Peter Cramton 02eptc, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 06 May 2002.
- Kerr, Suzi & Cramton, Peter, 1998. "Tradable Carbon Permit Auctions: How and Why to Auction Not Grandfather," Discussion Papers dp-98-34, Resources For the Future.
- Johnstone, Nick & Alavalapati, Janaki R.R., 1998. "The Distributional Effects of Environmental Tax Reform," Discussion Papers 24140, International Institute for Environment and Development, Environmental Economics Programme.
- Asensio, Javier & Matas, Anna & Raymond, Jose-Luis, 2003. "Petrol expenditure and redistributive effects of its taxation in Spain," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 49-69, January.
- Louis Kaplow, 1997. "Should the Government's Allocation Branch be Concerned about the Distortionary Cost of Taxation and Distributive Effects?," NBER Working Papers 4566, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Javier Asensio & Anna Matas & José Luis Raymond, 2001. "Petrol consumption and redistributive effects of its taxation in Spain," Working Papers wp0109, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Bandyopadhyay, Gopal & Bagheri, Fathollah & Mann, Michael, 2007. "Reduction of fossil fuel emissions in the USA: A holistic approach towards policy formulation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 950-965, February.
- Cathal O'Donoghue, 1997. "Carbon Dioxide, Energy Taxation and Industry: An Input-Output Analysis," Papers WP082, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Wadud, Zia, 2011. "Personal tradable carbon permits for road transport: Why, why not and who wins?," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 45(10), pages 1052-1065.
- Louis Kaplow, 2004. "On the (Ir)Relevence of Distribution and Labor Supply Distortion of Government Policy," NBER Working Papers 10490, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Louis Kaplow, 2006. "Optimal Control of Externalities in the Presence of Income Taxation," NBER Working Papers 12339, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Beznoska & Johanna Cludius & Viktor Steiner, 2012. "The Incidence of the European Union Emissions Trading System and the Role of Revenue Recycling: Empirical Evidence from Combined Industry- and Household-Level Data," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1227, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Grösche, Peter & Schröder, Carsten, 2011. "On the redistributive effects of Germany's feed-in tariff," Economics Working Papers 2011,07, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Dorothee Boccanfuso & Antonio Estache & Luc Savard, 2011. "The Intra-country Distributional Impact of Policies to Fight Climate Change: A Survey," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(1), pages 97-117.
- Cathal O'Donoghue, 1997. "Carbon Dioxide, Energy Taxes and Household Income," Papers WP090, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Charmaine Wright).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.