The Demand for Wagering on State-Operated Lotto Games
AbstractStudies data to estimate demand functions for state-operated lottery games. Evaluates the extent to which state lottery agencies have structured their lotto games so as to maximize tax revenues.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by National Tax Association in its journal National Tax Journal.
Volume (Year): 46 (1993)
Issue (Month): 1 (March Citation: 46 National Tax Journal 13-22 (March 1993))
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- George Papachristou, 2006. "Is lottery demand elasticity a reliable marketing tool? Evidence from a game innovation in greece," International Review of Economics, Springer, vol. 53(4), pages 627-640, December.
- Farrell, Lisa & Walker, Ian, 1999. "The welfare effects of lotto: evidence from the UK," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 99-120, April.
- Kam Yu, 2009.
"Measuring the Output and Prices of the Lottery Sector: An Application of Implicit Expected Utility Theory,"
in: Price Index Concepts and Measurement, pages 405-425
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kam Yu, 2008. "Measuring the Output and Prices of the Lottery Sector: An Application of Implicit Expected Utility Theory," NBER Working Papers 14020, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Melissa Schettini Kearney, 2002.
"State Lotteries and Consumer Behavior,"
NBER Working Papers
9330, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Walther Herbert, 2005. "Optimal Taxation of Gambling and Lotto," Working Papers geewp47, Vienna University of Economics Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- S. Capacci & E. Randon & A. E. Scorcu, 2014. "Luck vs Skill in Gambling over the Recession. Evidence from Italy," Working Papers wp918, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Albers, Norman, 2011.
"Grundzüge der Besteuerung von Sportwetten aus Sicht der Praxis
[The taxation of sport betting: a professional's view]," MPRA Paper 36449, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Forrest & O. David Gulley & Robert Simmons, 2004. "Substitution between games in the UK national lottery," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(7), pages 645-651.
- Kent R. Grote & Victor A. Matheson, 2006.
"In Search of a Fair Bet in the Lottery,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 32(4), pages 673-684, Fall.
- Victor A. Matheson & Kent R. Grote, 2003. "In Search of a Fair Bet in the Lottery," Department of Economics Working Papers 2003-16, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Victor Matheson & Kent Grote, 2004. "In Search of a Fair Bet in the Lottery," Working Papers 0401, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Geronikolaou, George & Papachristou, George, 2007.
"On the demand for lotteries in Greece,"
36701, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jim Landers, 2008. "What's the potential impact of casino tax increases on wagering handle: estimates of the price elasticity of demand for casino gaming," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 8(6), pages 1-15.
- Kent Grote & Victor Matheson, 2011. "The Economics of Lotteries: An Annotated Bibliography," Working Papers 1110, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Kent Grote & Victor Matheson, 2006.
"Dueling Jackpots: Are Competing Lotto Games Complements or Substitutes?,"
Atlantic Economic Journal,
International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 34(1), pages 85-100, March.
- Victor Matheson & Kent Grote, 2004. "Dueling Jackpots: Are Competing Lotto Games Complements or Substitutes?," Working Papers 0406, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Chin-Tsai Lin & Chien-Hua Lai, 2006. "Substitute effects between Lotto and Big Lotto in Taiwan," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(10), pages 655-658.
- David Paton & Donald S. Siegel & Leighton Vaughan Williams, 2002. "A Policy Response To The E--Commerce Revolution: The Case Of Betting Taxation In The UK," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(480), pages F296-F314, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Charmaine Wright).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.