Panel-Data Estimates of Charitable Giving: A Synthesis of Techniques
AbstractReports compelling empirical support for portraying giving as a dynamic activity and that the charitable deduction should not be restricted or eliminated. Attempts to provide additional insight into taxation's net effect on giving using only a synthesis of prior panel studies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by National Tax Association in its journal National Tax Journal.
Volume (Year): 44 (1991)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barrett, Kevin S. & McGuirk, Anya M. & Steinberg, Richard S., 1997. "Further Evidence on the Dynamic Impact of Taxes on Charitable Giving," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 50(2), pages 321-34, June.
- Khanna, Jyoti & Posnett, John & Sandler, Todd, 1995. "Charity donations in the UK: New evidence based on panel data," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 257-272, February.
- Gerald E. Auten & Holger Sieg & Charles T. Clotfelter, 2002. "Charitable Giving, Income, and Taxes: An Analysis of Panel Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 371-382, March.
- Duquette, Christopher M., 1999. "Is Charitable Giving by Nonitemizers Responsive to Tax Incentives? New Evidence," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 52(n. 2), pages 195-206, June.
- Tiehen, Laura, 2001. "Tax Policy and Charitable Contributions of Money," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 54(n. 4), pages 707-23, December.
- Khanna, Jyoti & Sandler, Todd, 2000. "Partners in giving:: The crowding-in effects of UK government grants," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(8), pages 1543-1556, August.
- Richer, Jerrell, 1995. "Green Giving: An Analysis of Contributions to Major U.S. Environmental Groups," Discussion Papers dp-95-39, Resources For the Future.
- Timm Bönke & Nima Massarrat-Mashhadi & Christian Sielaff, 2013.
"Charitable giving in the German welfare state: fiscal incentives and crowding out,"
Springer, vol. 154(1), pages 39-58, January.
- Bönke, Timm & Massarrat-Mashhadi, Nima & Sielaff, Christian, 2010. "Charitable giving in the German welfare state: Fiscal incentives and crowding out," Discussion Papers 2010/30, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Ludwig von Auer & Andreas Kalusche, 2010. "Steuerliche Spendenanreize: Ein Reformvorschlag," Research Papers in Economics 2010-07, University of Trier, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Charmaine Wright).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.