Structure, Conduct, and Performance in the Local Public Sector
AbstractProvides empirical evidence of the relationship between the structure of the local public goods market and the relative size of the local public sector. Market structure is measured with respect to both the degree of fragmentation and an index of concentration.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by National Tax Association in its journal National Tax Journal.
Volume (Year): 43 (1990)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anne C. Case & James R. Hines, Jr. & Harvey S. Rosen, 1989.
"Copycatting: Fiscal Policies of States and Their Neighbors,"
NBER Working Papers
3032, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Case, A.C. & Hines, J.R.J. & Rosen, H.S., 1989. "Copycatting: Fiscal Policies Of States And Their Neighbors," Papers 37, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
- Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Andrey Timofeev, 2008.
"A fiscal perspective of state rescaling,"
Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society,
Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 2(1), pages 85-105.
- Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Andrey Timofeev, 2008. "Fiscal Perspective of State Rescaling," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0806, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Hoyt, William H., 1999. "Leviathan, local government expenditures, and capitalization," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 155-171, March.
- Dean Stansel, 2012. "Competition, knowledge, and local government," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 243-253, September.
- Fox, William F. & Gurley, Tami, 2006. "Will consolidation improve sub-national governments ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3913, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Charmaine Wright).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.