Lottery Effects on Pari-Mutuel Tax Revenues
AbstractAddresses the issue of substitution among the two most prominent forms of gambling, lotteries and thoroughbred racing. Focuses on the impact of lotteries on the demand for wagering at thoroughbred racetracks because thoroughbred horseracing generates more tax revenue than other non-lottery types of gambling.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by National Tax Association in its journal National Tax Journal.
Volume (Year): 42 (1989)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:8:y:2003:i:10:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Terry Ashley & Yi Liu & Semoon Chang, 1999. "Estimating net lottery revenues for states," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 27(2), pages 170-178, June.
- Antonio Cabrales & Antoni Calvó & Matthew O. Jackson, 2000.
"La Crema: A case study of mutual fire insurance,"
Economics Working Papers
518, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Neibergs, J. Shannon & Thalheimer, Richard, 1997. "Price Expectations And Supply Response In The Thoroughbred Yearling Market," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 29(02), December.
- repec:lan:wpaper:3986 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:lan:wpaper:3701 is not listed on IDEAS
- Julie Smith, 1999. "Australian Gambling Taxation," CEPR Discussion Papers 402, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- repec:lan:wpaper:3595 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kent Grote & Victor Matheson, 2011. "The Economics of Lotteries: A Survey of the Literature," Working Papers 1109, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Humphreys, Brad & Perez, Levi, 2011. "Lottery Participants and Revenues: An International Survey of Economic Research on Lotteries," Working Papers 2011-17, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- O D Gulley & R Simmons & D Forrest, 2005. "The relationship between betting and lottery play: a high frequency time-series analysis," Working Papers 567306, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Kent Grote & Victor Matheson, 2011. "The Economics of Lotteries: An Annotated Bibliography," Working Papers 1110, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Mark Skidmore & Mehmet Serkan Tosun, 2005.
"Do New Lottery Games Stimulate Retail Activity? Evidence from West Virginia Counties,"
05-06, UW-Whitewater, Department of Economics.
- Skidmore, Mark & Serkan Tosun, Mehmet, 2008. "Do New Lottery Games Stimulate Retail Activity? Evidence from West Virginia Counties," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 38(1).
- Melissa Schettini Kearney, 2002.
"State Lotteries and Consumer Behavior,"
NBER Working Papers
9330, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Melissa S. Kearney, 2005. "The Economic Winners and Losers of Legalized Gambling," NBER Working Papers 11234, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Charmaine Wright).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.