City Taxes and Property Tax Bases
AbstractInvestigates the simultaneous relationship between tax rates and city property tax bases using data for 86 large U.S. cities in 1972, 1977, and 1982.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by National Tax Association in its journal National Tax Journal.
Volume (Year): 41 (1988)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Buettner, Thiess, 2003. "Tax base effects and fiscal externalities of local capital taxation: evidence from a panel of German jurisdictions," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 110-128, July.
- Núria Bosch & Marta Espasa & Daniel Montolio, 2013. "Should large Spanish municipalities be financially compensated? Costs and benefits of being a capital/central municipality," Working Papers, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB) 2013/6, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Donald, Vandegrift & Michael, Lahr, 2007. "Open Space Purchases, House Prices, and the Tax Base," MPRA Paper 6118, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Julie Berry Cullen & Steven D. Levitt, 1999.
"Crime, Urban Flight, And The Consequences For Cities,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(2), pages 159-169, May.
- Julie Berry Cullen & Steven D. Levitt, 1996. "Crime, Urban Flight, and the Consequences for Cities," NBER Working Papers 5737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Deskins & William Fox, 2008. "Measuring Behavioral Responses to the Property Tax," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University paper0816, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- John Merrifield & Yong Bao, . "Residential Property Taxation: Is Periodic Reassessment worth it?," Working Papers, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio 0003, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Burge, Gregory & Rogers, Cynthia, 2011. "Local option sales taxes and consumer spending patterns: Fiscal interdependence under multi-tiered local taxation," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 46-58, January.
- Byron F. Lutz, 2009. "Fiscal amenities, school finance reform and the supply side of the Tiebout market," Finance and Economics Discussion Series, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.) 2009-18, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Maarten Allers & J. Elhorst, 2005. "Tax Mimicking and Yardstick Competition Among Local Governments in the Netherlands," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 493-513, August.
- Jonathan Skinner, 2007.
"Are You Sure You're Saving Enough for Retirement?,"
NBER Working Papers
12981, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Skinner, 2007. "Are You Sure You're Saving Enough for Retirement?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 21(3), pages 59-80, Summer.
- Vandegrift, Donald & Lockshiss, Amanda & Lahr, Michael/L, 2009.
"Town versus Gown: The Effect of a College on Housing Prices and the Tax Base,"
18998, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 Nov 2009.
- Donald Vandegrift & Amanda Lockshiss & Michael Lahr, 2012. "Town versus Gown: The Effect of a College on Housing Prices and the Tax Base," Growth and Change, Gatton College of Business and Economics, University of Kentucky, Gatton College of Business and Economics, University of Kentucky, vol. 43(2), pages 304-334, 06.
- Robert Novy-Marx & Joshua D. Rauh, 2009. "The Liabilities and Risks of State-Sponsored Pension Plans," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 23(4), pages 191-210, Fall.
- Paul Hettler, 2004. "Regional impact of commuter wage taxes," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 32(3), pages 191-200, September.
- Allers, Maarten & de Haan, Jakob & Sterks, Cees, 2001. " Partisan Influence on the Local Tax Burden in the Netherlands," Public Choice, Springer, Springer, vol. 106(3-4), pages 351-63, March.
- Donald Vandegrift & Michael Lahr, 2011. "Open space, house prices, and the tax base," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 83-100, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Charmaine Wright).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.