Impact of Corruption on Business Development: Empirical Estimates
AbstractThe paper considers the relationship of corruption and domestic business environment. The authors propose a method of quantitative estimation of the impact of corruption on the business climate through the use of international ratings. The quantitative estimations obtained allow to construct an alternative rating of business environment, free of the influence of corruption, and estimate, with its help, the comparative advantages of Russia as of late 2012. In addition the paper determines the limits of possible improvement of the business climate in Russia on the assumption that the effectiveness of anti-corruption policy would be low.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki" in its journal Voprosy Economiki.
Volume (Year): 9 (2013)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.vopreco.ru/eng/year.html
corruption; business environment; international comparisons.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- O57 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
- P37 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Legal
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sergei Parinov).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.