Russian Social Inequality as a Factor of Socio-political Stability
AbstractThe article analyzes Russian social inequality on the basis of data of domestic and international statistics and expert assessments. It introduces the terms "negative" and "positive" socio-political stability, exploring the relationship of present social inequalities with each of these types of stability. The author concludes that in the current situation the country’s development is on the way of "negative" stability, which creates serious risks of Russia’s entering an open socio-political crisis. The possibilities of avoiding the unfavorable scenario are discussed.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki" in its journal Voprosy Economiki.
Volume (Year): 4 (2013)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.vopreco.ru/eng/year.html
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sergei Parinov).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.