The Mystery of Catch-up Development
AbstractThe paper takes notice of an ever growing inadequacy of the aims and outcomes of catch-up development. Contrary to the widespread approach to catch-up policy as following up the path passed by the developed countries, the authors consider catch-up development as an immanent feature of the global rather than domestic market. Arguing this standpoint they analyze some modern catch-up theories and other corresponding issues including synergetic model of growth. The latter assumes that all economic actors, from the state and to an individual, act as creative partners and competitors on the national and global levels. Thus they obtain the equal prospects for success.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki" in its journal Voprosy Economiki.
Volume (Year): 1 (2013)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.vopreco.ru/eng/year.html
catch-up development; globalization; growth theories; economic synergetics.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F63 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - Economic Development
- N10 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - General, International, or Comparative
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sergei Parinov).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.