The Financial Significance of the Oil and Gas Sector for the Russian Economy
AbstractThe article describes the complex of economic and financial indicators reflecting the results of Russia’s oil and gas industry in 2011. Price environment of the major energy resources with regard to their realization at the domestic and international markets is analyzed. Main indicators of economic performance of the oil and gas industry (revenue, profit, profitability) are reviewed with differentiation by companies. The authors consider the tax burden for the oil and gas companies; show their role in forming federal budget revenues. The paper presents the analysis of specialized funds and reserves that are formed at the expense of oil and gas industry sources; examines Russia’s balance of payments as well as revenues generated by oil and gas exports. The stock market structure of Russia and the world is described with consideration of particular oil and gas companies.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki" in its journal Voprosy Economiki.
Volume (Year): 10 (2012)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.vopreco.ru/eng/year.html
oil and gas industry; revenue; net profit; international reserves; reserve fund; federal budget; oil and gas revenues; capitalization.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sergei Parinov).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.