The Lessons of "Essentials of Economics" by P. Krugman
AbstractThe paper reviews the textbook "Essentials of Economics" by Paul Krugman and his co-authors from the point of view of its relevance for the Russian education system. It also compares this textbook with similar books by P. Samuelson and N.G. Mankiw. The author emphasizes a high didactic value of Krugman’s book for teaching in the context of the student-oriented paradigm of education. The absence of significant substantial differences from the earlier textbooks is emphasized.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki" in its journal Voprosy Economiki.
Volume (Year): 9 (2012)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.vopreco.ru/eng/year.html
teaching economics; propaedeutic technologies.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
- A22 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Undergraduate
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sergei Parinov).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.