The Future of the Pension System: Parametric Reforms or the Change of a Paradigm?
AbstractThe main aim of the paper is to reveal philosophical drawbacks of the current paradigm of the pension system. The main conclusion is that pension system as unified mandatory salary insurance is transforming into hybrids of free-will private savings and investments in human capital and government poverty insurance. Socially and politically acceptable measures of the pension system transformation are described in the paper.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki" in its journal Voprosy Economiki.
Volume (Year): 9 (2012)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.vopreco.ru/eng/year.html
pension system; post-industrial society; parametric reforms; retirement age.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- J18 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Public Policy
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sergei Parinov).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.