Residential Construction as a Locomotive of Social and Economic Development of the Country
AbstractThe article assesses the role of residential construction in Russia’s social development, notes insufficient provision of population with comfort accommodation in comparison with a number of developed and developing countries. The data on the availability of housing in Russia and other countries are presented. The article shows that acceleration of residential construction can lead to higher rates of economic growth in Russia. The conditions and factors of future residential construction development are considered, the accent should be made on construction of low-rise buildings. The necessity of simultaneous reforming of the communal sphere, its transferring on the market path is stressed. The assessments of required investments in the field are presented.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki" in its journal Voprosy Economiki.
Volume (Year): 5 (2012)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.vopreco.ru/eng/year.html
residential construction; housing provision; investments.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E2 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sergei Parinov).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.