Spatial Development as a Modernization Driver for the Republic of Kazakhstan
AbstractThe questions of spatial development as a modernization driver (the Kazakhstan case) are considered in this article. The analysis of the regional economic differences makes possible to work out the development guidelines, based on the advantages combination of the basic goods specialization and the policy of transferring growth impulses from the raw materials sector to the industry and service ones. Current challenges and opportunities, which face the Kazakhstan economy, the questions of economic diversification drive up the importance of the connection between spatial development and the cluster priorities. The analytical scheme of macro-regions and diversification through the dynamic focal networks can settle up these challenges.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki" in its journal Voprosy Economiki.
Volume (Year): 5 (2012)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.vopreco.ru/eng/year.html
Kazakhstan; spatial development; modernization; dynamic focal networks; diversification.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sergei Parinov).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.