Socio-cultural Formula for Economic Modernization
AbstractThe social-cultural approach to economic modernization processes is studied in the article. It states that the specific country-based modernization formula is required for the successful modernization policy, which takes into consideration the informal rules of the concrete country and is based on the competitive advantages coming from the characteristics of social and cultural capital. This approach, being implemented to study Russia and Kazakhstan cases, allows to make some important conclusions: first, about the connection between long-term macroeconomic trends and features of the informal institutions; second, about the opportunity to define general directions for the modernization policy; third, about the possibility to design concrete normative structures based on specific features of social and cultural capital.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki" in its journal Voprosy Economiki.
Volume (Year): 5 (2012)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.vopreco.ru/eng/year.html
social capital; cultural capital; economic modernization; Kazakhstan.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, and Operations
- O57 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sergei Parinov).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.