On the Validity of the Theoretical Bases of Inflation Targeting and New Keynesian General Equilibrium Models
AbstractThe latest world economic and financial crisis highlighted problems in macroeconomic policies pursued by developed economies as well as the necessity of searching for an effective regulatory framework. In particular, doubts have occurred in the indisputability of advantages of inflation targeting and its theoretical basis: the New Keynesian dynamic stochastic general equilibrium models. The reason for doubts lies mainly in the lack of confidence in the new neoclassical synthesis propositions which form the basis for the modern monetary theory and structural modelling. The article reveals close links between contemporary mainstream economics, inflation targeting and New Keynesian dynamic stochastic general equilibrium models, concentrates on controversial points of the theory which bring into question applicability of the monetary policy regime and the models, and finally, outlines further research agenda.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki" in its journal Voprosy Economiki.
Volume (Year): 5 (2012)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.vopreco.ru/eng/year.html
monetary policy; inflation targeting; macroeconomics; New Keynesian dynamic stochastic general equilibrium models; new neoclassical synthesis.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
- B40 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - General
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- E00 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - General
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
- E66 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General Outlook and Conditions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sergei Parinov).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.