On the Exchange Rate Policy
AbstractThe level of trust in the local currency in Russia is very low largely because of relatively high inflation. As a result, Bank of Russia during crisis times can not afford monetary policy loosening and has to fight devaluation expectations. To change the situation in the post-crisis period Russia needs to live through a continuous period of low inflation. Modified inflation targeting can help achieve such a result. However, it should be amended with institutional changes, particularly development of hedging instruments.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki" in its journal Voprosy Economiki.
Volume (Year): 1 (2010)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.vopreco.ru/eng/year.html
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fischer, Christoph, 2012.
"Currency blocs in the 21st century,"
BOFIT Discussion Papers
24/2012, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Christoph Fischer, 2011. "Currency blocs in the 21st century," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 87, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Fischer, Christoph, 2011. "Currency blocs in the 21st century," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2011,12, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Juan Antonio Montecino & Jose Antonio Cordero, 2010. "Capital Controls and Monetary Policy in Developing Countries," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2010-10, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Yap, Josef T., 2011. "The Political Economy of Reducing the US Dollar’s Role as a Global Reserve Currency," ADBI Working Papers 302, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Yi Wang, 2010. "Convertibility Restriction Determination in China's Foreign Exchange Market and its Impact of Forward Pricing," Discussion Papers 09-024, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sergei Parinov).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.