Whatever Happened to the Cambridge Capital Theory Controversies?
Abstract(With comments by L. Pasinetti, F. Fisher, J. Felipe and J. McCombie, R. Greenfield and reply by the authors) The article written by the well-known theorists and historians of economic thought contains a detailed overview of the Cambridge capital controversy, which had raged from the mid-1950-s through the mid-1970-s. The authors track the origins of the controversy and cover arguments of both sides in chronological order. From their point of view, the discussion hasn’t been resolved, and its main underlying aspects were ideological beliefs and fundamental methodological controversies on the nature of equilibrium and on the role of time in economic theory. The article is published with comments written by other leading theoreticians.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki" in its journal Voprosy Economiki.
Volume (Year): 8 (2009)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.vopreco.ru/eng/year.html
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jonathan Temple, 2006. "Aggregate Production Functions and Growth Economics," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 301-317.
- Voxi Heinrich S Amavilah, 2005. "INFRASTRUCTURAL v. SUPERSTRUCTURAL EFFECTS OF INSTITUTIONS ON INCOME DETERMINATION ACROSS U.S. NATIVE AMERICAN ECONOMIES," Development and Comp Systems 0505004, EconWPA.
- Döring, Ralf & von Egan-Krieger, Tanja & Ott, Konrad, 2007. "Eine Naturkapitaldefinition oder Natur in der Kapitaltheorie," Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Diskussionspapiere 10/2007, Ernst Moritz Arndt University of Greifswald, Faculty of Law and Economics.
- Bergheim, Stefan, 2007. "Pair-wise cointegration in long-run growth models," Research Notes 24, Deutsche Bank Research.
- Peter Spahn, 2007. "Real Interest Rates, Intertemporal Prices and Macroeconomic Stabilization A Journey Through the History of Economic Thought," Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut fÃ¼r Volkswirtschaftslehre der UniversitÃ¤t Hohenheim 292/2007, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany.
- Zaman, Asad & Saglam, Ismail, 2010.
"The conflict between general equilibrium and the Marshallian cross,"
33256, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ismail Saglam & Asad Zaman, 2012. "The Conflict Between General Equilibrium and the Marshallian Cross," KoÃ§ University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1219, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Eladio Febrero & Maria-Angeles Cadarso, 2006. "Pay-As-You-Go versus funded systems. Some critical considerations," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 335-357.
- Dalgaard, Carl-Johan & Strulik, Holger, 2011. "Energy distribution and economic growth," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 782-797.
- David Laidler, 2011. "Natural Hazards: Some Pitfalls on the Path to a Neutral Interest Rate," C.D. Howe Institute Backgrounder, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 140, July.
- S K Mishra, 2010.
"A Brief History of Production Functions,"
The IUP Journal of Managerial Economics,
IUP Publications, vol. 0(4), pages 6-34, November.
- Gracia, Eduard, 2011. "Uncertainty and capacity constraints: Reconsidering the aggregate production function," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy, vol. 5(19), pages 1-50.
- Ulrich van Suntum, . "Dynamic Efficiency and Reswitching," Working Papers 200122, Institute of Spatial and Housing Economics, Munster Universitary.
- George Bitros, 2010. "The theorem of proportionality in contemporary capital theory: An assessment of its conceptual foundations," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 367-401, December.
- Avi Cohen, 2006. "The Kaldor/Knight controversy: Is capital a distinct and quantifiable factor of production?," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 141-161.
- Voxi Heinrich S Amavilah, 2004. "Economic Performance in a Cross-Section of U.S. Native American Economies," GE, Growth, Math methods 0405003, EconWPA.
- Guillaume Daudin, 2006. "Paying Transaction Costs," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2006-14, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- van Suntum, Ulrich, 2008. "Dynamic efficiency and reswitching," CAWM Discussion Papers 8, Center of Applied Economic Research Münster (CAWM), University of Münster.
- Anthony M. Endres & David A. Harper, 2012. "The kinetics of capital formation and economic organisation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(4), pages 963-980.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sergei Parinov).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.