Financial Crisis and Economics
AbstractTreating the money as "under-way-contracts", or "under-executed contracts", the author describes its properties as an economic good. It is shown that the money is a private good with valuable externalities, i.e. a merit good. From this fact the necessity of financial markets state regulation oriented at minimizing negative externalities by restriction of using the most risky contracts is drawn.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki" in its journal Voprosy Economiki.
Volume (Year): 1 (2009)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.vopreco.ru/eng/year.html
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xavier Vives, 2011.
"Strategic Complementarity, Fragility, and Regulation,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3507, CESifo Group Munich.
- Vives, Xavier, 2011. "Strategic Complementarity, Fragility, and Regulation," CEPR Discussion Papers 8444, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Xavier Vives, 2012. "Strategic Complementarity, Fragility, and Regulation," 2012 Meeting Papers 789, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Vives, Xavier, 2011. "Strategic complementarity, fragility, and regulation," IESE Research Papers D/928, IESE Business School.
- Martha A. Starr, 2012.
"Contributions of Economists to the Housing-Price Bubble,"
Journal of Economic Issues,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 46(1), pages 143-172, March.
- Martha A. Starr, 2011. "Contributions of economists to the housing-price bubble," Working Papers 2011-03, American University, Department of Economics.
- David Colander, 2009. "How Economists Got It Wrong: A Nuanced Account," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0909, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sergei Parinov).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.