Non-standard Employment and the Russian Labor Market
AbstractThe article focuses on diversification and destandartization of employment in the Russian economy. The authors discuss global and objective preconditions for this process but underline a few specific features of the Russian case. The latter are due to the market transition as well as to incomplete and selective enforcement of the excessively restrictive employment protection legislation. This explains high incidence of household-based subsistence farming, underemployment, time-related overemployment, informal employment against low level of formal contracts for fixed-term or part-time employment. Using representative data the authors illustrate all major forms of non-standard employment in Russia that have evolved since 1992.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki" in its journal Voprosy Economiki.
Volume (Year): 1 (2006)
Issue (Month): ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.vopreco.ru/eng/year.html
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tatiana Karabchuk, 2012. "Temporary employment in Russia: why mostly men?," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 9(2), pages 279-303, August.
- Tatiana KARABCHUK, 2011. "Temporary employment in Russia: why mostly men?," Scientific Bulletin - Economic Sciences, University of Pitesti, vol. 10(1), pages 42-60.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sergei Parinov).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.