Equilibria in Markets with Indivisible Goods
AbstractWe discuss the existence of equilibria in ecomomies with indivisible goods. The reasons for which existence of equilibria obtains or not are described. We discuss previous papers on this topic whose results are based on the assumption that goods are gross substitutes. Alternatively in this paper we consider the case where the goods are complement each other.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by New Economic Association in its journal Journal of the New Economic Association.
Volume (Year): 18 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Nakhimovsky prospekt, 32, Office 1115, 117218 Moscow Russia
Phone: +7 495 7189855
Fax: +7 495 7189855
Web page: http://www.econorus.org/english.phtml
More information through EDIRC
gross substitution; complementary goods; unimodular systems; laminar systems; concave function;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- D51 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Exchange and Production Economies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Henry, Claude, 1970. "Indivisibilites dans une Economie d'Echanges. (With English summary.)," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 38(3), pages 542-58, May.
- Weyl, E. Glen & White, Alexander & Azevedo, Eduardo M., 2013. "Walrasian equilibrium in large, quasi-linear markets," Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 8(2), May.
- Gul, Faruk & Stacchetti, Ennio, 1999. "Walrasian Equilibrium with Gross Substitutes," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 95-124, July.
- Ning Sun & Zaifu Yang, 2006. "Equilibria and Indivisibilities: Gross Substitutes and Complements," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 74(5), pages 1385-1402, 09.
- Carmen Beviá Baeza & José Angel Silva Reus, 1997.
"Buying several indivisible goods,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
1997-27, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Martine Quinzii & Carmen Bevia & JosÅ A. Silva, 2003. "Buying Several Indivisible Goods," Working Papers 9720, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Carmen Bevia & Martine Quinzii & JosŽ A. Silva, . "Buying Several Indivisible Goods," Department of Economics 97-20, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Kelso, Alexander S, Jr & Crawford, Vincent P, 1982. "Job Matching, Coalition Formation, and Gross Substitutes," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1483-1504, November.
- Satoru Fujishige & Zaifu Yang, 2002. "Existence of an Equilibrium in a General Competitive Exchange Economy with Indivisible Goods and Money," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 3(1), pages 135-147, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexey Tcharykov).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.