Basket of Growth: New Export Industries in Sverdlovsk Region
AbstractThe authors examine an export basket and reveal the new export goods for Sverdlovsk region, which might be used to transform the productive structure and upgrade export of the region. For each product, in which the region might develop its comparative advantage, the authors develop a measure of efforts, which are supposed to be made to include this good into the export basket, and a measure of the income level for the product. As a result the authors get a cluster of new and the most attractive export goods. Special methodology is used to choose the best cities to allocate the production of the new export goods.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by New Economic Association in its journal Journal of the New Economic Association.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Nakhimovsky prospekt, 32, Office 1115, 117218 Moscow Russia
Phone: +7 495 7189855
Fax: +7 495 7189855
Web page: http://www.econorus.org/english.phtml
More information through EDIRC
Export goods; comparative advantages; industrial cluster; production allocation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- O4 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1992.
"Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations,"
NBER Working Papers
3993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaffe, Adam B & Trajtenberg, Manuel & Henderson, Rebecca, 1993. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 108(3), pages 577-98, August.
- Jaffe, A.B. & Trajtenberg, M., 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," Papers 14-92, Tel Aviv.
- Adam B. Jaffe, 1986.
"Technological Opportunity and Spillovers of R&D: Evidence from Firms' Patents, Profits and Market Value,"
NBER Working Papers
1815, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaffe, Adam B, 1986. "Technological Opportunity and Spillovers of R&D: Evidence from Firms' Patents, Profits, and Market Value," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 984-1001, December.
- Bardhan, Pranab K & Lewis, Sydney, 1970.
"Models of Growth with Imported Inputs,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 37(148), pages 373-85, November.
- Kristine Vitola & Gundars Davidsons, 2008. "Structural Transformation of Exports in a Product Space Model," Working Papers 2008/04, Latvijas Banka.
- Andrey A. GNIDCHENKO, 2011.
"Defragmentation Of Economic Growth With A Focus On Diversification: Evidence From Russian Economy,"
Theoretical and Practical Research in Economic Fields,
ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(1), pages 45-85, June.
- Gnidchenko, Andrey, 2010. "Defragmentation of Economic Growth with a Focus on Diversification: Evidence from Russian Economy," MPRA Paper 27113, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gnidchenko, Andrey A., 2012.
"Новый Метод Оценки Структуры И Базы Экспортного Потенциала
[The new method for estimating the structure and the basis of export potential]," MPRA Paper 43691, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexey Tcharykov).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.