Results and financial situation of firms in 2010
AbstractThe article looks at the financial situation of non-financial corporations in Belgium over the period from 1 January to 31 December 2010. After briefly describing the methodology and the population studied, it presents an extrapolation of the main operating result items for 2010. It then assesses the financial situation of companies as regards profitability and solvency. Since last year, the scope of this assessment has been widened to cover the entire population, examining not only the medians but also the first and third quartiles and the tenth and ninetieth percentiles. Moreover, the results of the financial health model developed by the Bank are also reported. Finally, section 4 presents a regional analysis of the data.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by National Bank of Belgium in its journal Economic Review.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): III (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Boulevard de Berlaimont 14, B-1000 Bruxelles
Phone: (+ 32) (0) 2 221 25 34
Fax: (+ 32) (0) 2 221 31 62
Web page: http://www.nbb.be/
More information through EDIRC
firms’ results; financial structure; bankruptcy risk; sectoral analysis; distribution analysis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D39 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Other
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- G33 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Bankruptcy; Liquidation
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- L80 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Claude Mathys, 2012. "Economic importance of the Belgian ports: Flemish maritime ports, Liège port complex and the port of Brussels – Report 2010," Working Paper Document 225, National Bank of Belgium.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.