Facebook and the Competition in Social Network Markets
AbstractSocial network markets appear to be very interesting to the eyes of the business world. This is due to the fast growth of the number of users. The paper investigates this market and the competition among the main companies. It studies also the behavior of consumers, when using social network and the business model that stays behind these activities. At the end, it reports some financial data that will help to understand the fundamentals of the market value of companies involved in this recent business.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Società editrice il Mulino in its journal Economia dei Servizi.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Social network; facebook; competitive analysis. JEL Classification: L11; L82; L86; M21;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- com - - - - - -
- ana - - - - - -
- JEL - Labor and Demographic Economics - - - - -
- Cla - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - - - -
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.