Gains From Trade in a Deficit-Ridden Economy - Further Analysis
AbstractMost economists consider the debate on free trade closed for all practical purposes. DLUHOSCH, FREYTAG and KRUEGER  criticize an earlier paper by BATRA and BELADI  and argue that freer trade has contributed to a rise in US growth of investment and social welfare. Using raw figures, unsullied by any theory, we demonstrate that the US rate of investment and real wages have sharply declined, while trade has grown in leaps and bounds.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen in its journal Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics.
Volume (Year): 154 (1998)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.mohr.de/jite
Postal: Mohr Siebeck GmbH & Co. KG, P.O.Box 2040, 72010 Tübingen, Germany
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Wolpert).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.