India’s Leather and Manufactures Export in the Scenario of WTO: An Analysis Trend and Structural Shift
AbstractTrade is considered as the engine of growth. For a developing country like India trade plays an important role for achieving the target of sustainable development. One of the major export articles for India is leather and leathermanufactures (India accounts for approximately two percent of the world trade). So it will be prudent in this light to check the present status of India’s leather and manufactures export. In this paper author has considered the problems of the Indian Leather Industry and has suggested the possible solution to these problems. Author has used Poirier’s (1974) spline function approach to estimate the growth rate of leather and leather manufactures export during pre- and post-WTO period. Instability in export earnings is measured by using Cuddy-Della Valle (1978) index.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper in its journal Managing Global Transitions.
Volume (Year): 11 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3 (Fall) ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q17 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agriculture in International Trade
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sinha, D., 1999.
"Export Instability, Investment and Economic Growth in Asian Countries: A Time Series Analysis,"
799, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Dipendra Sinha, 2004. "Export Instability, Investment and Economic Growth in Asian Countries: A Time Series Analysis," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 687, Econometric Society.
- Francesco Aiello, 1999. "The Stabilisation of LDCs' Export Earnings. The impact of the EU STABEX programme," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 71-85.
- Maniklal Adhikary & Shrabanti Maity, 2011. "India's coffee exports in the scenario of WTO: an analysis trend and structural shift," International Journal of Economics and Business Research, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(6), pages 684-704.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alen Jezovnik).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.