Optimal Exchange Rate and Fiscal Policies for Slovenia on its Way into the Euro Area
AbstractThis paper analyzes the design of macroeconomic policies for Slovenia on its way into the Euro Area. We simulate different policy scenarios, distinguishing in particular between different exchange rate regimes. For this purpose, we use the model SLOPOL4, a macroeconometric model for Slovenia. We determine ‘optimal’ exchange rate and fiscal policies for Slovenia as solutions of optimum control problems with a quadratic objective function and the model slopol4 as a constraint. Several optimization experiments are carried out under different assumptions under a fixed exchange rate, a flexible exchange rate and a crawling peg regime approximating Slovenia’s entry into the Euro Area. The sensitivity of the results is examined with respect to several assumptions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper in its journal Managing Global Transitions.
Volume (Year): 10 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (Fall) ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- E6 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- O5 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Reinhard Neck & Gottfried Haber & Klaus Weyerstrass, 2010. "Optimal Deterministic and Stochastic Macroeconomic Policies for Slovenia: An Application of the OPTCON Algorithm," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 36(1), pages 37-45, June.
- Klaus Weyerstrass & Daniela Grozea-Helmenstein, 2013. "Euro Area Scenarios and their Economic Consequences for Slovenia and Serbia," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 11(4 (Winter), pages 323-351.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alen Jezovnik).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.