On the Macroeconomic Policy Implications of Habit Persistence
AbstractThis paper studies some policy implications of the habit persistence model of Harl E. Ryder and Geoffrey M. Heal (1973) for a small open economy. It is shown that often the policy implications of the model that are consistent with the findings in the asset pricing literature are in conflict with the more widely understood implications that were previously derived from Hirofumi Uzawa's (1968) utility function. Copyright 1996 by Ohio State University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell Publishing in its journal Journal of Money, Credit and Banking.
Volume (Year): 28 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2879
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shu-Hua Chen, 2012. "On the Growth and Stability Effects of Habit Formation and Durability in Consumption," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 13(2), pages 283-298, November.
- Johdo, Wataru, 2009. "Habit persistence and stagnation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 1110-1114, September.
- Mansoorian, Arman & Neaime, Simon, 2003. "Durable goods, habits, time preference, and exchange rates," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 115-130, March.
- Ikeda, S. & Gombi, I., 1995.
"Habits, Costly Investment, and Current Account Dynamics,"
ISER Discussion Paper
0442, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Ikeda, Shinsuke & Gombi, Ichiro, 1999. "Habits, costly investment, and current account dynamics," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 363-384, December.
- Mansoorian Arman & Neaime Simon, 2002. "Habits And Durability In Consumption And The Effects Of Exchange Rate Policies," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 97-114.
- Arman Mansoorian, 1999. "On Cash in Advance Constraints for Open Economies," Working Papers 1999_02, York University, Department of Economics.
- Arman Mansoorian & Simon Neaime, 1996. "Habits and Durability in Consumption, and the Effects of Exchange Rate Policies," Working Papers 1996_06, York University, Department of Economics.
- MacKinnon, James G & Haug, Alfred A & Michelis, Leo, 1999.
"Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(5), pages 563-77, Sept.-Oct.
- James G. MacKinnon & Alfred A. Haug & Leo Michelis, 1996. "Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration," Working Papers 1996_07, York University, Department of Economics.
- Mackinnon, J.G. & Haug, A.A. & Michelis, L., 1996. "Numerical Distribution Functions of Likelihood Ratio Tests for Cointegration," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 96a09, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Jhy-yuan Shieh & Ching-chong Lai & Wen-ya Chang, 2000. "Addictive behavior and endogenous growth," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 72(3), pages 263-273, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.