The Stability of the M2 Demand Function: Evidence from an Error-Correction Model
AbstractThis note presents an error-correction model of M2 demand. The Chow test indicates that the M2 demand function is stable over the sample period 1953Q1 to 1991Q2. Copyright 1993 by Ohio State University Press.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Blackwell Publishing in its journal Journal of Money, Credit and Banking.
Volume (Year): 25 (1993)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2879
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- doğru, bülent, 2013. "Dynamic Analysis of Money Demand Function: Case of Turkey," MPRA Paper 48402, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alina Carare & Robert Tchaidze, 2008.
"The Use and Abuse of Taylor Rules: How Precisely Can We Estimate Them? ,"
006-08, International School of Economics at TSU, Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia.
- Robert Tchaidze & Alina Carare, 2004. "The Use and Abuse of Taylor Rules: How precisely can we estimate them?," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 132, Econometric Society.
- Ram Sharan Kharel Ph.D. & Tap Prasad Koirala Ph.D., 2010. "Modeling Demand for Money in Nepal," NRB Working Paper 06/2010, Nepal Rastra Bank, Research Department.
- Yu Hsing, 2007. "Currency Substitution, Capital Mobility and Functional Forms of Money Demand in Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 12(1), pages 35-48, Jan-Jun.
- Yu Hsing, 2007. "Tests of the functional form, the substitution effect, and the wealth effect of Mexico´s money demand function," REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL ROSARIO, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Ibrahim L. Awad, 2010. "The Monetary Targeting Regime in Egypt: Theoretical and Empirical Investigations," Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 1, pages 150-164.
- Youngsoo Bae & Robert M. de Jong, 2007. "Money demand function estimation by nonlinear cointegration," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(4), pages 767-793.
- Omar Marashdeh, 1998. "The Demand for Money in an Open Economy: the Case of Malaysia," International Finance 9801001, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.