El efecto de las tecnologías digitales en la competitividad de la empresa española./The effect of digital technologies in the spanish firm competitivenses
AbstractEste artículo analiza la incidencia de la irrupción de las tecnologías digitales sobre la competitividad internacional de las empresas manufactureras a partir de estimaciones mediante Mínimos Cuadrados Ordinarios. Los resultados obtenidos muestran una mayor capacidad exportadora de las empresas que, con un mayor uso de herramientas de Internet y presencia en mercados TIC, realizan un mayor esfuerzo innovador. Así mismo, se aprecia un impacto positivo de la productividad que coincide con la aparición de las tecnologías de la TIC. This paper analyses the impact of the irruption of the digital technologies on the international competitiveness of the Spanish manufacturer firms through ordinary least square estimations. The results show a higher export capacity on those firms that exert a higher effort on innovation, using more intensively Internet tools and trading in ICT markets. Furthermore, there is evidence of a positive incidence of the productivity that coincides with the emergence of the ICT.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Estudios de Economía Aplicada in its journal Estudios de Economía Aplicada.
Volume (Year): 21 (2003)
Issue (Month): (December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Beatriz Rodríguez Prado. Facultad de CC.EE. y EE. Avda. Valle del Esgueva. Valladolid 47011 SPAIN
Phone: (34) 983 423320
Fax: (34) 983 184568
Web page: http://www.revista-eea.net
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- O30 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Crafts, Nicholas, 2002. "The Solow Productivity Paradox in Historical Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 3142, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrew Atkeson & Patrick J. Kehoe, 2001.
"The Transition to a New Economy After the Second Industrial Revolution,"
NBER Working Papers
8676, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andy Atkeson & Pat Kehoe, 2002. "The transition to a new economy after the Second Industrial Revolution," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Nov.
- Andrew Atkeson & Patrick J. Kehoe, 2001. "The transition to a new economy after the Second Industrial Revolution," Working Papers 606, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- McFetridge, D., 1995. "Competitiveness Concepts and Measures," Gouvernement du Canada - Industrial Organization 5, Gouvernement du Canada - Industry Canada.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Beatriz Rodríguez Prado).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.