El canal del crédito bancario en Colombia: 1995-2005. Una aproximación mediante modelos de umbral
AbstractThe Bank Credit Channel, which amplifies the effects of the traditional channel of monetary policy, emphasizes on the structure and frictions of financial markets as determinants of aggregate spending. This paper aims at analyze and verify the existence of the bank credit channel in Colombia estimating a model proposed by Gibson (1997) which uses threshold regressions as a way to determine the impact of monetary policy on aggregate demand. Results do not allow dismissing the existence of this transmission mechanism in Colombia during the analyzed period, although it seems to operate only through contractionary monetary policy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía in its journal LECTURAS DE ECONOMÍA.
Volume (Year): (2007)
Issue (Month): 67 (Julio-Diciembre)
Postal: Lecturas de Economía, Departamento de Economía, Calle 67, 53-108, Medellin 050010, Colombia.
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlos Andrés Vasco Correa).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.