Un repaso sobre las políticas de protección social y la distribución del ingreso en Argentina
AbstractThis article describes the main trends in income distribution and poverty in Argentina and discusses their relationship with social protection policies in Argentina and their recent reforms. The aim is to identify paradigms underpinning policy changes that occurred since the last decades of the past century. There was a major expansion in terms of coverage and a departure from the traditional contributory model where access to social protection was limited to workers in the formal sector. This study identifies impacts, although partial, of the programs on welfare indicators, to then discuss their main challenges in terms of accessibility, efficiency and financial sustainability in the future.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata in its journal Económica.
Volume (Year): LVIII (2012)
Issue (Month): (January-December)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Calle 48 No555 - La Plata (1900)
Phone: 21- 1466
Web page: http://www.depeco.econo.unlp.edu.ar/economica/ing/
More information through EDIRC
income distribution; poverty; social protection;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- J08 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics Policies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Goñi, Edwin & Humberto López, J. & Servén, Luis, 2011.
"Fiscal Redistribution and Income Inequality in Latin America,"
World Development, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1558-1569, September.
- Goni, Edwin & Lopez, J. Humberto & Serven, Luis, 2008. "Fiscal redistribution and income inequality in Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4487, The World Bank.
- Rafael Rofman & Leonardo Lucchetti & Guzmán Ourens, 2010. "Pension Systems in Latin America: Concepts and Measurements of Coverage," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers), Department of Economics - dECON 0510, Department of Economics - dECON.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Margarita Machelett).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.