Der Einfluss der Aktienkurse und Immobilienpreise auf den Konsum und die Investitionen in Deutschland
AbstractIn recent years, the Central Banks have increasingly focused their attention on the real economic consequences of real asset price fluctuations. Changes in value of financial assets caused by rising and falling asset prices influence the consumption behavior of households and the investment activities of enterprises. The present article discusses the macroeconomic effects of stock price fluctuations and home ownership price movements both in theoretical and in empirical terms. It describes the statistical concept of co-integration as well as the Vector Error Correction Model (VECM) and their application to time series of post-reunification Germany. The empirical analysis serves as basis from which to derive implications for the monetary policy of the European Central Bank (ECB).
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Credit and Capital Markets in its journal Kredit und Kapital.
Volume (Year): 44 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.credit-and-capital-markets.de/
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Capital; Investment; Capacity
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Credit and Capital Markets).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.