Factors Affecting Traffic Jam in Karachi and its Impact on Performance of Economy
AbstractAttempt has been made to investigate the factors of traffic jam in Karachi and find out its impact on the performance of economy. Previous studies highlight the same field but due to rapidly changes in infrastructure of Karachi city and growing population raise the demand for more facilities, space and vehicles. It became a vital challenge for city to manage the flow of traffic as per routine and design the ways through which problems can rectify and minimize the future problems. In this study exploratory approach has been used and primary data was collected through various methods and techniques which helpful to investigate in the subject matter. The qualitative research study conducted via one to one interviews from citizens of Karachi along with the structured questions. Researcher’s observation and experience work as a catalyst to analyze the factual finding in an appropriate way. The results of data have been critically examined from prospective. This study concluded the key issues for traffic jam is non-availability of long term planning by traffic management which leaves negative impact on performance of economy is clearly exposed. It is recommended that factors indicated in this research may be rectified and remedial measurement may be taken to control these responsible factors which will creates better performance of economy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Khadim Ali Shah Bukhari Institute of Technology (KASBIT) in its journal KASBIT Bussiness Journal.
Volume (Year): 5 (2012)
Issue (Month): (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://kasbit.edu.pk/academics/academic-departments/marketing-management/
More information through EDIRC
Traffic Jam; Traffic Management; Congestion; Karachi; Performance of economy.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E26 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Informal Economy; Underground Economy
- P27 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Performance and Prospects
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- P17 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Performance and Prospects
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Golob, Thomas F. & Regan, A C, 2003. "Traffic Congestion and Trucking Managers' Use of Automated Routing and Scheduling," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt74z234n4, University of California Transportation Center.
- Golob, Thomas F. & Regan, Amelia C., 2003. "Traffic congestion and trucking managers' use of automated routing and scheduling," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 61-78, January.
- Hau, Timothy D., 1992. "Economic fundamentals of road pricing : a diagrammatic analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1070, The World Bank.
- Golob, Thomas F. & Regan, Amelia C., 2000. "Freight industry attitudes towards policies to reduce congestion," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 55-77, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yasir Jaseem).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.