The Use of Simple Regression in Macroeconomic Analysis
AbstractThis article shows the evolution of the main macroeconomic indicators of results, Gross Domestic Product correlated with variation of final consumption in our country in the years 1990 to 2011. The values of the two macroeconomic indicators have been deflated using the consumer price index with fixed basis, considering the first year of the series, 1990, as a reference. The evolution of the Gross Domestic Product is influenced to a large extent by changes of final consumption. To achieve the correlation between the two macroeconomic indicators, article proposes using the linear regression model, model is the basis of many micro and macroeconomic analysis. In this regression model is considered the gross domestic product as outcome variables and the final consumption as the variable factorial.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Finance, Banking and Accountancy Bucharest,"Dimitrie Cantemir" Christian University Bucharest in its journal Knowledge Horizons - Economics.
Volume (Year): 5 (2013)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Gross Domestic Product; final consumption; simple regression; model; correlation; variable;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models &bull Diffusion Processes
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bourbonnais, Régis & Andrei, Tudorel, 2008. "Econometrie," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/7463, Paris Dauphine University.
- Bardsen, Gunnar & Eitrheim, Oyvind & Jansen, Eilev S. & Nymoen, Ragnar, 2005. "The Econometrics of Macroeconomic Modelling," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199246502, September.
- Constantin ANGHELACHE & Mario G.R. PAGLIACCI & Ligia PRODAN, 2013. "Model For Macroeconomic - Analyse Based On The Regression Function," Romanian Statistical Review, Romanian Statistical Review, vol. 61(1), pages 18-30, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adi Sava).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.