Foreign Direct Investments in Romania: Evolution and the Challenges Ahead
AbstractThe amount of FDI inflows and the foreign investors' perception of the business environment in Romania underwent a series of changes after 1990. The paper analysis the influence of macroeconomic factors on the sectoral distribution and country of origin of FDI in Romania, reinvested and repatriated profits, the impact on trade balance, as well as the FDI contribution index and inward FDI attraction index. Starting from a brief overview of FDI inflows in Romania, the paper highlights the main trends in the recent evolution of FDI and addresses, finally, its outlook and potential implications.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Finance, Banking and Accountancy Bucharest,"Dimitrie Cantemir" Christian University Bucharest in its journal Knowledge Horizons - Economics.
Volume (Year): 5 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Romania; FDI; reinvested and repatriated profits; degree of openness;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- O4 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gheorghe Zaman & Valentina Vasile & Mirela Matei & Carmen Croitoru & George Enescu, 2011.
"Aspecte ale impactului ISD din România asupra exporturilor si dezvoltarii durabile,"
Romanian Journal of Economics,
Institute of National Economy, vol. 33(2(42)), pages 1-60, Decembrie.
- Gheorghe Zaman & Valentina Vasile & Mirela Matei & Carmen Croitoru & George Enescu, 2011. "Aspecte ale impactului ISD din România asupra exporturilor si dezvoltarii durabile," Romanian Journal of Economics, Institute of National Economy, vol. 33(2(bis)(42), pages 130-190, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adi Sava).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.