An Empirical Taxonomy of Accounting Information Systems in Romania
AbstractInspired by a series of international studies, the present article tries to determine a taxonomy of accounting information systems used by Romanian organizations based on 3 key characteristics: the use of financial accounting, management accounting and operational reports by the management of these organizations. The three types of information systems that were identified using cluster analysis are then described based on the cluster score for these components of the accounting information system.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Finance, Banking and Accountancy Bucharest,"Dimitrie Cantemir" Christian University Bucharest in its journal Knowledge Horizons - Economics.
Volume (Year): 2 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Accounting information systems; financial accounting; managerial accounting; operational reports;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- M40 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - General
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gerdin, Jonas, 2005. "Management accounting system design in manufacturing departments: an empirical investigation using a multiple contingencies approach," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 99-126, February.
- Bouwens, Jan & Abernethy, Margaret A., 2000. "The consequences of customization on management accounting system design," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 221-241, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adi Sava).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.