Justification of functional form assumptions in structural models: applications and testing of qualitative measurement axioms
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Theory and Decision.
Volume (Year): 70 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100341
Functional form; Random utility models; Invariance principles; Testing measurement theories; Testing inequality hypotheses;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dagsvik, John K, 1994. "Discrete and Continuous Choice, Max-Stable Processes, and Independence from Irrelevant Attributes," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(5), pages 1179-1205, September.
- Dagsvik, John K. & Strom, Steinar & Jia, Zhiyang, 2006.
"Utility of income as a random function: Behavioral characterization and empirical evidence,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 23-57, January.
- John K. Dagsvik & Steinar Strøm & Zhiyang Jia, 2005. "Utility of Income as a Random Function. Behavioral Characterization and Empirical Evidence," Discussion Papers 431, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Daniel McFadden, 2001.
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(3), pages 351-378, June.
- John K. Dagsvik, 2006.
"Axiomatization of Stochastic Models for Choice under Uncertainty,"
465, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Dagsvik, John K., 2008. "Axiomatization of stochastic models for choice under uncertainty," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 341-370, May.
- Gary S. Becker, 1991.
"A Note on Restaurant Pricing and Other Examples of Social Influences on Price,"
University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State
67, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Becker, Gary S, 1991. "A Note on Restaurant Pricing and Other Examples of Social Influences on Price," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(5), pages 1109-16, October.
- Steinar Str�m & John K. Dagsvik, 2006.
"Sectoral labour supply, choice restrictions and functional form,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(6), pages 803-826.
- John K. Dagsvik & Steinar Strøm, 2004. "Sectoral Labor Supply, Choice Restrictions and Functional Form," Discussion Papers 388, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Dagsvik, John K. & Strøm, Steinar, 2004. "Sectoral labor supply, choice restrictions and functional form," Memorandum 13/2004, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Gerard Debreu, 1957. "Stochastic Choice and Cardinal Utility," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 39, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Aczel, Janos & Moszner, Zenon, 1994. "New results on 'scale' and 'size' arguments justifying invariance properties of empirical indices and laws," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 3-33, August.
- Nash, John, 1950. "The Bargaining Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 18(2), pages 155-162, April.
- McFadden, Daniel L., 1984. "Econometric analysis of qualitative response models," Handbook of Econometrics, in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 24, pages 1395-1457 Elsevier.
- John K. Dagsvik, 2002. "Discrete Choice in Continuous Time: Implications of an Intertemporal Version of the Iia Property," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(2), pages 817-831, March.
- Iverson, G. & Falmagne, J. -C., 1985. "Statistical issues in measurement," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 131-153, October.
- Aczel, Janos & Roberts, Fred S., 1989. "On the possible merging functions," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 205-243, June.
- Simon, Herbert A, 1986. "Rationality in Psychology and Economics," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages S209-24, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.