How Risk Disciplines Pre-Commitment
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Theory and Decision.
Volume (Year): 65 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100341
Cournot competition; Stackelberg; preemption; information value; market risk; C73; D43; D81; D83; L13;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search, Learning, and Information
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sadanand, Asha & Sadanand, Venkatraman, 1996. "Firm Scale and the Endogenous Timing of Entry: a Choice between Commitment and Flexibility," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 516-530, August.
- Esther Hauk & Sjaak Hurkens, 1996.
"Secret information acquisition in Cournot markets,"
Economics Working Papers
233, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Aug 1997.
- Spencer, Barbara J. & Brander, James A., 1992. "Pre-commitment and flexibility : Applications to oligopoly theory," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1601-1626, December.
- Saloner, Garth, 1987. "Cournot duopoly with two production periods," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 183-187, June.
- McGahan, A. M., 1993. "The effect of incomplete information about demand on preemption," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 327-346, September.
- Henry, Claude, 1974. "Investment Decisions Under Uncertainty: The "Irreversibility Effect."," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 1006-12, December.
- Hamilton, J.H. & Slutsky, S.M., 1988.
"Endogenous Timing In Duopoly Games: Stackelberg Or Cournot Equilibria,"
88-4, Florida - College of Business Administration.
- Hamilton, Jonathan H. & Slutsky, Steven M., 1990. "Endogenous timing in duopoly games: Stackelberg or cournot equilibria," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 29-46, March.
- Jean-Pierre Ponssard, 1979. "The Strategic Role of Information on the Demand Function in an Oligopolistic Market," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(3), pages 243-250, March.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer & John Ries, 2002.
"Revisiting Oligopolistic Reaction: Are Decisions on Foreign Direct Investment Strategic Complements?,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(3), pages 453-472, 09.
- Keith Head & Thierry Mayer & John Ries, 2002. "Revisiting oligopolistic reaction: are decisions on foreign direct investment strategic complements?," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/c8dmi8nm4pd, Sciences Po.
- Ernesto Somma, .
"The Effect of Incomplete Information about Future Technological Opportunities on Pre-Emption,"
95/41, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Somma, Ernesto, 1999. "The effect of incomplete information about future technological opportunities on pre-emption," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 765-799, August.
- Tasnádi, Attila, 2009.
"Quantity-setting games with a dominant firm,"
13612, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.