The Bicameral Postulates and Indices of a Priori Voting Power
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Theory and Decision.
Volume (Year): 44 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100341
Banzhaf; Deegan–Packel; index of voting power; Johnston; paradoxes of voting power; Penrose; postulates for index of voting power; Shapley value; Shapley–Shubik; simple voting game; weighted voting game;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Affuso, Paul J. & Brams, Steven J. & Kilgour, D. Marc, 1988. "Presidential Power: A Game-Theoretic Analysis," Working Papers 88-01, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- R J Johnston, 1978. "On the measurement of power: some reactions to Laver," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 10(8), pages 907-914, August.
- Leech, Dennis, 1990.
" Power Indices and Probabilistic Voting Assumptions,"
Springer, vol. 66(3), pages 293-99, September.
- Leech, D., 1989. "Power Indices And Probabilistic Voting Assumptions," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 325, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Dan Felsenthal & Moshé Machover, 2005. "Voting power measurement: a story of misreinvention," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 485-506, December.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00308741 is not listed on IDEAS
- René van den Brink & Frank Steffen, 2007. "Positional Power in Hierarchies," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-038/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Annick Laruelle, 1999. "- On The Choice Of A Power Index," Working Papers. Serie AD 1999-10, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Paterson, Iain, 2006. "Voting Power Derives from the Poll Distribution. Shedding Light on Contentious Issues of Weighted Votes and the Constitutional Treaty," Economics Series 187, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- František Turnovec, 2009.
"Fairness and Squareness: Fair Decision Making Rules in the EU Council?,"
Working Papers IES
2009/01, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Jan 2009.
- Frantisek Turnovec, 2009. "Fairness and squareness: fair decision making rules in the eu council?," Operations Research and Decisions, Wroclaw University of Technology, Institute of Organization and Management, vol. 4, pages 110-124.
- Michel Grabisch & Agnieszka Rusinowska, 2010.
"A model of influence in a social network,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 69(1), pages 69-96, July.
- Michel Grabisch & Agnieszka Rusinowska, 2008. "A model of influence in a social network," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne b08066, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Michel Grabisch & Agnieszka Rusinowska, 2008. "A model of influence in a social network," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00344457, HAL.
- Michel Grabisch & Agnieszka Rusinowska, 2010. "A model of influence in a social network," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00308741, HAL.
- František Turnovec, 2007.
"New Measure of Voting Power,"
Czech Economic Review,
Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 04-14, March.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00344457 is not listed on IDEAS
- Manfred Holler & Rie Ono & Frank Steffen, 2001. "Constrained Monotonicity and the Measurement of Power," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 50(4), pages 383-395, June.
- František Turnovec, 2012. "Quota Manipulation and Fair Voting Rules in Committees," Working Papers IES 2012/08, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Mar 2012.
- Federico Valenciano & Annick Laruelle, 2004.
"A Critical Reappraisal Of Some Voting Power Paradoxes,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
2004-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Annick Laruelle & Federico Valenciano, 2005. "A critical reappraisal of some voting power paradoxes," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 125(1), pages 17-41, July.
- Harrie De Swart & Agnieszka Rusinowska, 2007. "On some properties of the Hoede-Bakker index," Post-Print halshs-00201414, HAL.
- Leech, Dennis, 2002. "Computation of Power Indices," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 644, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Matthias Sutter, 2000.
"Flexible Integration, EMU and Relative Voting Power in the EU,"
Springer, vol. 104(1), pages 41-62, July.
- Sutter, Matthias, 2000. " Flexible Integration, EMU and Relative Voting Power in the EU," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 104(1-2), pages 41-62, July.
- Taylor, Alan & Zwicker, William, 1997. "Interval measures of power," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 23-74, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.