Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises, Technology, and Globalization: Introduction to a Special Issue on Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises in the Global Economy
AbstractThis paper is an introduction to the special issue on Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises in the Global Economy. The paper gives a broad outline of globalization, the role of technology, and examines the role that small and medium-sized enterprises play in the global economy. We focus on foreign direct investment of small technology based firms and how their innovations diffuse into the global economy. Copyright 1997 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Small Business Economics.
Volume (Year): 9 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100338
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ale Ebrahim, Nader & Ahmed, Shamsuddin & Taha, Zahari, 2009.
"Virtual R & D teams in small and medium enterprises: A literature review,"
27045, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2009.
- Nader Ale Ebrahim & Shamsuddin Ahmed & Zahari Taha, 2009. "Virtual R & D teams in small and medium enterprises: A literature review," Post-Print hal-00593358, HAL.
- Nguyen, Sang V & Streitwieser, Mary L, 1999.
" Factor Substitution in U.S. Manufacturing: Does Plant Size Matter?,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 41-57, February.
- Sang V Nguyen & Mary L Streitwieser, 1998. "Factor Substitution In U.S. Manufacturing: Does Plant Size Matter," Working Papers 98-6, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Nader Ale Ebrahim & Shamsuddin Ahmed & Zahari Taha, 2010.
"SMEs; Virtual research and development (R&D) teams and new product development: A literature review,"
- Nader Ale Ebrahim & Shamsuddin Ahmed & Zahari Taha, 2010. "SMEs; Virtual Research and Development (R&D) Teams and New Product Development: A Literature Review," Post-Print hal-00593362, HAL.
- Ale Ebrahim, Nader & Ahmed, Shamsuddin & Taha, Zahari, 2010. "SMEs; Virtual research and development (R&D) teams and new product development: A literature review," MPRA Paper 26989, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Jun 2010.
- De Maeseneire, Wouter & Claeys, Tine, 2012. "SMEs, foreign direct investment and financial constraints: The case of Belgium," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 408-424.
- Hezekiah Agwara & Philip Auerswald & Brian Higginbotham, 2014. "Algorithms and the Changing Frontier," NBER Working Papers 20039, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mehmet A. Ulubasoglu & Muhammet Akdis & Sabahat Bayrak, 2006. "Internationalisation and Alliance Formation: Evidence from Turkish SMEs," Economics Series 2006_05, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Hezekiah Agwara & Philip Auerswald & Brian Higginbotham, 2013. "Algorithms and the Changing Frontier," NBER Chapters, in: The Changing Frontier: Rethinking Science and Innovation Policy National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Audretsch & Erik Lehmann & Mike Wright, 2014. "Technology transfer in a global economy," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 301-312, June.
- Qian, Gongming, 2002. "Multinationality, product diversification, and profitability of emerging US small- and medium-sized enterprises," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 611-633, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.